I wish I could just travel with a bar of soap and a toothbrush, but I can’t.
Three weeks in Cuba is just long enough for me to reconsider travel sizes. I will, however, go out on a limb and travel size my toothpaste (assuming that’s one thing I can purchase if need be).
I’m going full size on deodorant, 8 oz Dr. Bronner’s, and definitely sunscreen. Sunscreen is not something I’m going to skimp on!
I considered just going hippie chic for three weeks and using Dr. Bronner’s for everything, including shampoo. However, my hair is fragile. After much thought, I decided on an 8 oz. shampoo. So? I won’t be winning in the ‘lightest load’ category…
Here’s my list of toiletries (brace yourselves):
- lip balm
- Dr. Bronner’s castile soap
- hand soap sheets (for on-the-road hand washing)
- sore muscle rub
- travel roll of toilet tissue (75 sheets. If I dole it out at less than 4 a day, they’ll last)
- 10 – 0.3 fl oz. Her’ Chamois Butt’r
- 3 Charmin wet wipes (10 in each one, so total of 30). Again, use sparingly.
- 10 Cooling Body Cloths. I’m bringing those in case I don’t have access to a shower.
- bug spray
- 20 tampons
- 2 pads
- hand and body cream
- industrial-strength concealer
- blotting tissues
Total weight: 4.2 lbs